The Principals, Directors, and employees of a CAMGA member have an obligation to one another when joining the Forum, and that market rivalry and competition is not to influence the business of the Forum when conducting business of the Forum.
Members must meet the following obligations:
1. CAMGA members must meet their financial obligations to their Insurers and Producers alike, in a timely fashion.
2. Competition in the marketplace is carried out fairly and honourably
3. CAMGA Members will ensure that the following criteria are met at all times
a. The Insurers that they represent are of the highest financial standing and are able to meet their financial commitments to their Policyholders
b. That Insurers are fully compliant with the regulations in the Provinces and Territories in which they operate.
c. Encourage their staff and Retail Broker producers to continue their education and training to ensure they are of the highest standing.
4. Ensure that CAMGA members will faithfully execute the underwriting guidelines as laid down in their Contractual agreements with the Insurers that they represent.
5. Act with utmost good faith in the everyday dealings and gather and keep all Data collected and necessary to assessing a risk, confidential and safe from Third Parties, at all times
6. CAMGA members will be required to remain current with the laws and regulations affecting their organizations, in the Provinces and Territories in which they operate.
A CAMGA member violating any of the above can be expelled from the Organisation, all such matters arising will be investigated by the CAMGA Ethics Committee.
…CAMGA members will be required to remain current with the laws and regulations affecting their organizations, in the Provinces and Territories in which they operate.